The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, will host the Emir of Bichi, Alhaji Nasiru Ado Bayero, on Thursday 21st October 2021, in the ancient city of Ilorin.
This is contained in a statement signed by the Emir’s spokesperson, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, on Saturday stressing that arrangements are top gear to receive the monarch into Ilorin.
According to him, “His Royal Highness, Alhaji Nasiru Ado Bayero will on Thursday 21st October 2021 pay historic visit to the ancient city of Ilorin since his ascension to the throne as the 2nd Emir of Bichi Emirate Council of Kano State.
“It is expected that mammoth crowd, traditional Chiefs, religious leaders, associations and groups from within the Ilorin Emirate and beyond shall welcome the guest at the Ilorin International Airport on his arrival.
“During his visit, Alhaji Nasiru Ado Bayero is expected to participate in a special Jumat service as well as other traditional events scheduled to hold at the ancient palace of the Emir of Ilorin on Friday 22nd October 2021.”
The statement therefore urged sons and daughters of Ilorin Emirate and Kwarans at large to troop out en mass to honour the first class traditional ruler to the State of Harmony.
It would be recalled that the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, who is also the elder of the Bichi’s monarch had earlier paid historic visit to Ilorin on 27th August 2020.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the visit is a home-coming for the monarch being a grandson to the late 8th Emir of Ilorin, Shehu AbdulKadir Dan Shuaibu Bawa and cousin to the current and 11th Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari.
Facebook Comments Box
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules