JUST IN…..Emir of Ilorin confirms commencement of Ramadan fasting tomorrow
The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has urged Muslim faithful in the Ilorin Emirate to extend charity and support to the less privileged throughout the month of Ramadan and enjoined them commence this year’s fasting tomorrow (Thursday).
He spoke on Wednesday night at a joint meeting held by the Ilorin Emirate Council and the Council of Ulama, held at the ancient palace of Ilorin.
The Emir, in a statement issued by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, confirmed that the new crescent was physically sighted in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital while call was also put across to the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar for further directive.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari thanked Allah for His mercies on the people of Ilorin Emirate and humanity at large.
He urged Muslim ummah to use the month of Ramadan to move closer to Almighty Allah by engaging in good deeds, charity, humanitarian services, supplications as well as seeking forgiveness at all times.
“As we commence this year’s Ramadan fasting, the annual Ramadan lecture (Tafsir) will commence at the Madrasatul Sheik Alimi inside Emir Palace on Monday 27th March 2023 beginning from 10am daily”, the Emir added.
He however, congratulates them for witnessing another glorious month of Ramadan, stressing that such privilege should be used to foster peaceful co-existence among religions adherents in the state.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate