The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has urged the people of Ilorin Emirate and beyond to join in the commencement of the year 2022 ramadan fasting which commenced tomorrow (Saturday).
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari stated this on Friday night marking the commencement of a new Islamic month of Ramadan, according to a statement by his Spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona.
He noted that the announcement is in line with the directive of the Sultan of Sokoto and President-General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, His Eminence Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar III.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Emir had earlier contacted the Sultan Muhammadu Saad Abubakar of Sokoto, Emir Abdulmumini Kabir Usman of Katsina and Emir Muhammadu Iliyas Bashar of Gwandu Emirate Council respectively.
The Emir charged Muslim ummah to use the month of Ramadan to move closer to Allah by engaging in good deeds, charity, humanitarian services, supplications as well as seeking forgiveness at all times.
He however congratulates them for witnessing another glorious month of ramadan stressing that such privilege should be used to foster peaceful coexistence among religions adherence in the state.
The emir therefore advised religious leaders to be conscious and desist from delivering sermon/tafsir that can mislead the people and cause rancour among members of the public.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi
- LASU aims to become best varsity in W’Africa — VC
- Poverty not for any true child of God— RCCG Pastor
- Tinubu was never a minister, Osinbajo was commissioner when I was Speaker— Amaechi
- With your support, I will win – Tinubu tells Bauchi delegates
- Why Kano APC Delegates Should Vote Me — Amaechi
- APC Governorship aspirant resigns from party
- Court sentences 27yr-old student for illicit drug trafficking
- Breaking….. Buhari orders embattled Accountant-General’s suspension
- Deborah: Stop escalation of jungle justice across Nigeria, govt urged