Aminat Isah, in Birnin-Kebbi
The Governor of Kebbi State, Abubakar Atiku Bagudu, on Sunday reacted to the re-occurring cases of farmers/herders clash on some parts of the country.
He noted that there is urgent need for the media to set up panel of inquiry to critically interrogate the matter for peaceful co-existence to reign.
The Governor who spoke in Birnin-Kebbi the Kebbi State capital when he recieved the Minister for Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed who paid him a courtesy visit.
He further stressed that “it is a climate change issue that is causimg the crisis and not tribal as widely presented in the news.
“It the same climate issue that affects the fishermen and pushed them into fish farming that has affected the pastoralists too.”
According to Bagudu, “This has changed the occupational practice of the herders and farmers who have to change in the direction of the change in climate leading to distortion in their usual practice, requiring some transition in thinking for them to adjust.
“Their occupational practice has changed. What they used to do and how can not be done anymore. Realistically they must be helped because it takes some thinking for them to adjust.”
The governor however urged the media to interrogate the problem and get themselves involved in investigative journalism on farmers-herders’ clashes in order to avoid misrepresentation.
In his remarks, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said his visit to the state is to show Nigerians the grand strides Kebbi State has made in its agricultural revolution.
“In just two years farmers in the country have increased to 12 million from 5million. The success stories of the agricultural revolution of the country cannot of be complete without Kebbi state in the picture especially in the area of rice farm where it has attained a giant stride”, he added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment