Another Permanent Secretary has been suspended from the service of the Kwara state government. He is Mr. Bayo Audu Onimago of the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB).
Onimago was suspended along with four other senior officials implicated in the ongoing investigation of ghost workers and suspicious deductions of workers’ salary at SUBEB.
The Commissioner for Communications in the state, Mr. Muritala Olarewaju, stated this in a statement issued on Tuesday night.
Others are; Director of Finance and Supply of SUBEB Husseni Ahmed; account officers Mujeeb Ibrahim and Oyerinde Fatai; and a staff of the Teaching Service Commission who doubled as the Chairman of the Nigerian Union of Teachers Toyin Saliu.
According to him, “The indefinite suspension is connected to some discoveries of alleged fraud in the parastatal by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). This is in line with the efforts of the AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq administration to cleanse the system, particularly at SUBEB where some startling discoveries have been made.
“Salaries connected to the controversial names on the payroll have been flagged and suspended until the end of the exercise.”
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes
- FG approves trade union for Bolt, Uber Drivers
- Election: Close down institutions, allow students vote– Reps to FG
- ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
- Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure
- Ex-JAMB registrar opened fictitious accounts to conceal his identity– Witness
- No attempt to create conflict between Tinubu, Buhari will succeed – APC
- Lubcon bags West Africa’s best lubricant of year
- NYSC gets 8 new directors, promotes 1,123 others