Another Permanent Secretary has been suspended from the service of the Kwara state government. He is Mr. Bayo Audu Onimago of the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB).
Onimago was suspended along with four other senior officials implicated in the ongoing investigation of ghost workers and suspicious deductions of workers’ salary at SUBEB.
The Commissioner for Communications in the state, Mr. Muritala Olarewaju, stated this in a statement issued on Tuesday night.
Others are; Director of Finance and Supply of SUBEB Husseni Ahmed; account officers Mujeeb Ibrahim and Oyerinde Fatai; and a staff of the Teaching Service Commission who doubled as the Chairman of the Nigerian Union of Teachers Toyin Saliu.
According to him, “The indefinite suspension is connected to some discoveries of alleged fraud in the parastatal by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). This is in line with the efforts of the AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq administration to cleanse the system, particularly at SUBEB where some startling discoveries have been made.
“Salaries connected to the controversial names on the payroll have been flagged and suspended until the end of the exercise.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector