The Kwara State Government has released the sum of N288.5million as 2018 first quarter allocation to state-owned tertiary institutions.
Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed gave the approval for the release of the funds on Wednesday, 17 December, 2018, according to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Communications, Dr. Muyideen Akorede.
The beneficiary institutions, according to the statement are College of Education, Ilorin; College of Education, Oro; College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies (CAILS), Ilorin, College of Education (Technical), Lafiagi, School of Nursing, Oke-Ode and School of Midwifery, Ilorin.
The State government had last December disbursed a total of N378,426,018.04 to the institutions as their fourth quarter allocation for 2017.
According to the statement, Governor Ahmed said : It is our belief that the release of the funds will assist the management of the affected institutions to meet their financial commitments, including payment of salary arrears of their workers.
“As a government, we will continue to offer necessary support and assistance to the state-owned tertiary institutions.”
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS