The Kwara State Government has released the sum of N288.5million as 2018 first quarter allocation to state-owned tertiary institutions.
Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed gave the approval for the release of the funds on Wednesday, 17 December, 2018, according to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Communications, Dr. Muyideen Akorede.
The beneficiary institutions, according to the statement are College of Education, Ilorin; College of Education, Oro; College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies (CAILS), Ilorin, College of Education (Technical), Lafiagi, School of Nursing, Oke-Ode and School of Midwifery, Ilorin.
The State government had last December disbursed a total of N378,426,018.04 to the institutions as their fourth quarter allocation for 2017.
According to the statement, Governor Ahmed said : It is our belief that the release of the funds will assist the management of the affected institutions to meet their financial commitments, including payment of salary arrears of their workers.
“As a government, we will continue to offer necessary support and assistance to the state-owned tertiary institutions.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia