Professor Godswill Obioma has been appointed as the new Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of the National Examinations Council, (NECO), ROYAL NEWS has learnt.
In a letter dated May 15, 2020 with Reference No: FME/PS/396/C1/1/134 and signed by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, the letter stated that the appointment which is for an initial tenure of five years takes effect from 14th May 2020.
In a statement signed by the Head of Information and Public Relations Division, Azeez Sani, the Registrar officially took over the affairs of the Council from the former Acting Registrar, Abubakar Gana on Friday, 22nd May 2020 at the Council’s headquarters in Minna.
The new NECO Registrar is a Professor of Education Measurement and Evaluation and was a former Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council.
Until his appointment as Registrar/CE of NECO, Prof. Obioma was the Ebonyi State Resident Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note