Following his recent election to become the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), Senator representing Nasarawa North Senatorial District, Abdullahi Adamu has resigned from the Senate. READ ALSO: Joseph Makoju’s death, big loss to Nigerian manufacturers— Kamoru Yusuf
ROYAL NEWS reports that Adamu sent in his resignation letter following his election as the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on March 26.
He said his resignation takes effect from 1st April 2022. READ ALSO: Kidnappers refuse to release 2 emissaries who went to deliver ransom
Checks revealed that the letter was read by the Senate President, Dr Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan on Tuesday during the plenary.
Adamu in the letter praised the charismatic leadership of the Senate President, saying: “I must commend you for a charismatic leadership in which you treat all Senators equal irrespective of political difference.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES