Following his recent election to become the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), Senator representing Nasarawa North Senatorial District, Abdullahi Adamu has resigned from the Senate. READ ALSO: Joseph Makoju’s death, big loss to Nigerian manufacturers— Kamoru Yusuf
ROYAL NEWS reports that Adamu sent in his resignation letter following his election as the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on March 26.
He said his resignation takes effect from 1st April 2022. READ ALSO: Kidnappers refuse to release 2 emissaries who went to deliver ransom
Checks revealed that the letter was read by the Senate President, Dr Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan on Tuesday during the plenary.
Adamu in the letter praised the charismatic leadership of the Senate President, saying: “I must commend you for a charismatic leadership in which you treat all Senators equal irrespective of political difference.”
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year