Kwara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed has given approval for the State Committee on Religious Matters to investigate the circumstances leading to the attack on worshippers by suspected miscreants on Monday, January 1, 2018, in Taiwo Isale Area of Ilorin, the state capital.
This is in keeping with Governor Ahmed’s pledge to religious leaders in the state during a meeting in his office last Tuesday in the aftermath of the attack.
According to Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Isiaka Gold, who announced the approval in a statement, the Committee, under the Chairmanship and Vice Chairmanship of Alhaji M. S. Koro and Chief P. A. O Olorunisola respectively, is to unravel the remote and immediate causes of the mayhem, ascertain the level of damage to lives and properties, identify the culprits in the crises and make adequate recommendations to Government.
Alhaji Gold said the Committee is expected to submit its report within two weeks, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES