The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has assured that perpetrators of last Thursday’s attack in Offa, Kwara State would be arrested and brought to justice.
The Minister for Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, stated this in Ilorin on Sunday when he paid Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State a condolence visit over the sad incidence.
ROYAL NEWS reports that no fewer than 17 lives were lost during the robbery saga including policemen and pregnant woman among others.
Lai Mohammed who condoled with famous of the deceased assured Kwarans of adequate security of lives and property stressing that all the people involved would be adequately dealt with.
In his response, Governor Ahmed expressed gratitude to the Minister for taking time to come to Kwara State to commiserate with the family that loss their beloved ones and the police community .
He disclosed that, “all hands must be on deck to further strengthen security arrangement in the state and country”,
stressing the need for community policing as well as the need to synergize with all security agencies to nip in the bud of criminality in the the country and to improve on logistics.
Ahmed also expressed the assurance of armour personnel carriage that would be located in strategic positions in the state urging the people of the state not to allow things like that to break their spirit.
Facebook Comments Box
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends