The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has assured that perpetrators of last Thursday’s attack in Offa, Kwara State would be arrested and brought to justice.
The Minister for Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, stated this in Ilorin on Sunday when he paid Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State a condolence visit over the sad incidence.
ROYAL NEWS reports that no fewer than 17 lives were lost during the robbery saga including policemen and pregnant woman among others.
Lai Mohammed who condoled with famous of the deceased assured Kwarans of adequate security of lives and property stressing that all the people involved would be adequately dealt with.
In his response, Governor Ahmed expressed gratitude to the Minister for taking time to come to Kwara State to commiserate with the family that loss their beloved ones and the police community .
He disclosed that, “all hands must be on deck to further strengthen security arrangement in the state and country”,
stressing the need for community policing as well as the need to synergize with all security agencies to nip in the bud of criminality in the the country and to improve on logistics.
Ahmed also expressed the assurance of armour personnel carriage that would be located in strategic positions in the state urging the people of the state not to allow things like that to break their spirit.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory