The police have arrested Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, who was accused of leading thugs to steal the mace at the senate.
He was whisked away in a waiting police van.
Oma-Agege was arrested after the plenary around 1.50pm. He was in the chamber throughout the sitting.
The Senate had accused the suspended Senator Ovie Omo-Agege (APC, Delta) of leading thugs to steal mace, the symbol of authority of the Senate.
Recall that Omo-Agege was suspended last Thursday over his remark on the reordered election sequence.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide