JUST IN…Unknown gunmen attack bank, kill police officer in Ebonyi
Some unknown gunmen attacked a bank and killed a police officer, whose name is yet to be identified when gathering this report at Onueke market in Ezza South Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.
An eyewitness explained that the gunmen equally set ablaze a car after robbing one of the popular commercial banks located at Onueke market.
The report revealed that about three civilians were reportedly shot and dispossessed of their valuables by the rampaging gunmen who stormed the busy Onueke town.
The report also disclosed that the armed robbers were said to have first attacked a residence of a native doctor identified as Azuoba, close to the ongoing airport project of the Ebonyi State Government.
They damaged vehicles and other property at the residence and trailed another person to a new generation bank at Onueke and shot him.
Sources revealed that the rampaging armed robbers, who were said to be about six in number, proceeded to the Onueke main town after they shot the victim whose name could not be ascertained.
Read more: Kaduna private varsity attacked by gunmen, scores kidnapped
ROYAL NEWS also reports that they robbed a fuel station, beer dealers, POS operators, and others of their monies and valuable goods.
Residents from the area said two policemen were killed, and an investigation is still going on.
But the State Commissioner for Internal Security and Border Peace, Hon Stanley Okoro Emegha, only confirmed the killing of one policeman in the attack.
He added that the robbery attack had nothing to do with the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
All the efforts to reach the Ebonyi State Police command at the time of filing this report failed.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Adamawa re-run election: CAN calls for calm
- FG confirms May 3 for commencement of 2023 Census
- Gov Adeleke entertains supporters with drumming skills (Video)
- Igbos will worship Tinubu if he can create seaport in Anambra– Cossy Ojiakor
- WAAFA: Cleric seeks support for orphans, less privileged
- Ilorin Emir’s palace ramadan tafsir begins on Monday
- INEC set to issue Certificate of Return to govs, deputy govs-elect
- Facts about Gen. Oladipo Diya as he dies at 79
- DSS raises alarm over plot to incite violence
- #EndSARS: Sanwo-olu orders N5m payment to assaulted driver