Following the release of the second tranche of the Paris Club refund, President Muhammadu Buhari will on Friday meet with all the state governors to discuss how the second tranche was allocated and the release of the last tranche of N200 billion.
The meeting which is scheduled to hold at Presidential Villa, Abuja, as governors hope to get president’s approval on the last tranche.
The sources who spoke with This Day said, “The governors are hoping the president will authorise the final release of the Paris Club refunds, which is about N200 billion so that they can fulfill their obligations to workers and pensioners and pay other bills in their states”.
According to him, when the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF) and Governor of Zamfara State, Abdulaziz Yari, led a delegation of seven governors to London to visit the president, he had thanked them for “holding Nigeria together in his absence”.
The Governors want to capitalize on the good relationship with Buhari, to seek his approval for the last release of the refunds.
Buhari had approved the payment of the first tranche of N522billion on December 16 last year.
In July, Akwa Ibom, Beyelsa, Delta, Kano and Rivers States received largest share from the N243.79 billion fund.
- Ex-Gov. Ahmed to be charge to court soon– EFCC
- Oyo Govt Reopens Industrial Facility Sealed Over Pollution
- Customs deploys new Area Controller to Kwara
- Senate probes cement, other building materials’ prices increase
- Kwara students applaud AbdulRazaq for pro-masses programmes
- Senate rejects planned electricity tariff hike, probes N2trn subsidy requirements
- CBN’s Monetary Policy C’ttee nominees proffer solutions to FX, food crisis
- Senate confirms NHIA, NPC, NAHCON nominees
- Abuja lawyer, Maxwell Opara drags Tinubu to Court over alleged lopsided appointments
- Kwara AGILE to Secure Future of Children – KWSG