The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Tanko Muhammad, has resigned on Sunday night, citing ill-health as the reason for his decision.
Information also has it that arrangements are ongoing to swear in the next most senior justice of the Supreme Court, Justice Olukayode Ariwoola, as the acting Chief Justice of Nigeria.
According to reports, a formal announcement will be made shortly.
Until his resignation, reports had it that Justice Muhammad was seriously ill.
Only last week, 14 justices of the Supreme Court had written him a letter to lament the decrepit state of affairs in the apex court.
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo