By Arowona Abdulazeez
Following the outbreak of hostilities between Iloffa and Odo Owa Communities in Oke-Ero Local Government Area of the State, the Kwara State Government has imposed a curfew on both communities between 6pm and 6am effective immediately ROYAL NEWS reports.
In a statement by the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Isiaka Sola Gold, the state government barred all human and vehicular traffic in Iloffa and Odo-Owa during the curfew.
The government also ordered the suspension of any activities related to the Yam festival in Oke Ero Local Government Area of the State.
While urging residents of both communities to comply with the law, Alhaji Gold said the curfew was designed to assist security agencies contain and prevent the escalation of the conflict as well as restore peace.
He urged residents of both communities to remain calm and continue to conduct their lawful affairs in peace as security agencies are on ground in both communities to secure lives and property.
The Secretary to the State Government restated Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed’s commitment to upholding the security of all residents in the state as well as to unravelling the perpetrators of the conflict in Iloffa and Odo-Owa, starting with a Judicial Commission of Enquiry.
Alhaji Gold reaffirmed the government’s resolve to bring the full weight of the law to bear on any individual or group found to have initiated, participated or otherwise contributed to the recent violent conflict between the neighboring communities under any guise.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide