By Adeniyi Olakunle
The Kwara State government has urged the authority of the Nigerian Railway Corporation to continue to provide quality service to the people to meet the transport need of Nigerians.
The State Deputy Governor, Elder Peter Kisira made the call in Ilorin while receiving the Managing Director of the Railway Property Management Company Limited, Alhaji Abubakar Labaran in his office on Friday.
Elder Kisira pledged that the State government would collaborate with the Organization in the discharge of its duties.
The Deputy Governor who recalled how effective the Rail transport was in the sixties and seventies called on the Corporation to provide better service for the people.
He appreciated the good work the Corporation had been rending in the State charging its not to relent.
Elder Kisira described the Rail system as a reliable means of transportation that should be readily available to the people.
Earlier, the Managing Director of the Company, Alhaji Abubakar Labaran who said the team were in the State on routine inspection explained that the Company was saddled with the responsibility of managing the Land and Landed property of NRC nationwide.
Alhaji Labaran who explained some of the activities of the Corporation said the Abuja-Kaduna line was working perfectly well, Pape-Ajaokuta line almost completed while that of Lagos-Ibadan had been flagged off.
The Managing Director noted that some foreign investors have indicated interest to invest in the Railways to development the standard gauge.
He pledged that the Corporation would work with the State government to address grey areas and called for support to ensure the implementation of its project.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92