By Adeniyi Olakunle
The Kwara State government has urged the authority of the Nigerian Railway Corporation to continue to provide quality service to the people to meet the transport need of Nigerians.
The State Deputy Governor, Elder Peter Kisira made the call in Ilorin while receiving the Managing Director of the Railway Property Management Company Limited, Alhaji Abubakar Labaran in his office on Friday.
Elder Kisira pledged that the State government would collaborate with the Organization in the discharge of its duties.
The Deputy Governor who recalled how effective the Rail transport was in the sixties and seventies called on the Corporation to provide better service for the people.
He appreciated the good work the Corporation had been rending in the State charging its not to relent.
Elder Kisira described the Rail system as a reliable means of transportation that should be readily available to the people.
Earlier, the Managing Director of the Company, Alhaji Abubakar Labaran who said the team were in the State on routine inspection explained that the Company was saddled with the responsibility of managing the Land and Landed property of NRC nationwide.
Alhaji Labaran who explained some of the activities of the Corporation said the Abuja-Kaduna line was working perfectly well, Pape-Ajaokuta line almost completed while that of Lagos-Ibadan had been flagged off.
The Managing Director noted that some foreign investors have indicated interest to invest in the Railways to development the standard gauge.
He pledged that the Corporation would work with the State government to address grey areas and called for support to ensure the implementation of its project.
- SAD….34-year-old Sodiq Adebisi dies during football training
- 150 Days in Office: CDS, Gen. CG Musa: A Pragmatic silent achiever
- Ibadan-based herbalist, Ojuwoni Atakoro, one other remanded in Ilorin prison
- Proper use of national budget, critical to economic dev —Akpabio
- EFCC, DSS, NCoS bosses To Face Reps C’ttee Over Failed Attempt To Rearrest Emefiele
- Senator Hussaini sympathises with Kaduna people over misdirected bombing
- Senator Natasha seeks NCDMB, NAFDAC partnership on alternative medicine
- Senate gives NPA 48hrs ultimatum to produce unaccounted $1.8bn
- KWASACA seeks stakeholders’ support to end HIV/AIDS by 2030
- Kwara govt collaborates with NDLEA to fight drug abuse