The Vice Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Prof AbdulGaniyu Ambali, has said the University is matriculating about 10,886 new students for the 20116/2017 academic session.
Ambali stated this on Wednesday in Ilorin during the matriculation ceremony of fresh students of the University.
The VC told the matriculating students that they were the lucky few out of the total number of 110,675 applicants who applied to the University during the last admission.
According to him, “This is the highest number of applicant for a single Nigerian University in the whole country. A total number of 103,482 had UNILORIN as their first choice, while 65,417 scored 180 marks and above.”
He further explains that the total number of candidates that registered for Post-UTME screening were 75,605 and that the only 13,570 were admitted and only 10,886 registered.
Ambali warned the students to abide by the laws and regulations of the University, saying that they have a “golden opportunity that will launch them to lofty heights”.
The VC said he expected nothing but hard work from the matriculating students, noting that their sets will be the last in his tenure.
In her remarks, the Acting Registrar of the University, Mrs. Rebecca Okojie, warned the matriculating students against cult activities inside and outside campuses stressing that the University has no tolerance for pornography or indecent dressing among others.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide