Management of Harmony Holdings Limited has explained the delay in payment of outstanding salaries owed workers of Kwara Hotels, Ilorin which it inherited since it took over the affairs the establishment.
The Spokesperson of the agency, Mr. Kayode Aremu, in a statement said ‘‘indebtedness of the hotel over the years to its suppliers, public utilities and tax authorities were being settled in a structured plan’’.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Aremu who was responding to agitations from some staff of the hotel for payment of some outstanding dues, said the delay was as a result of low sales and will be paid soon.
He said efforts to turn the hotel into a 5 star one have begun with the submission of the plan by the consultant hired by the Kwara state government in conjunction with Harmony Holdings Limited to turn around the hotel.
The ambitious plan will see massive renovation of the structure, rooms and facilities at the Hotel.
‘‘Already, Harmony Holdings Limited, which took over the management of the hotel on the 11th 0f October 2016, has embarked on targeted interventions in critical areas of the hotel which has resulted in improved customer satisfaction.
‘‘Recall that Harmony Holdings Limited took over the management of the hotel last year to check the deteriorating standard. At the occasion, the Group Managing Director of Harmony Holdings Limited Mr Tope Daramola said the status quo cannot be allowed to continue where staff are owed entitlements.
“We started paying salaries right from the very first month we took over the hotel. More rooms have been renovated in order to make the hotel more liquid and profitable”,said Aremu
He further appealed to the Staff to go about their duties and be part of the success story about to emerge from Kwara Hotels
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants