The NCoS spokesperson, Mr Francis Enobore, confirmed this in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Medium Security Custodial Centre, Kabba, Kogi, was attacked by gunmen.
The Controller-General, NCoS, Mr Haliru Nababa, had since then directed the activation of the immediate recapture procedure and detailed investigation to be carried out on the jailbreak.⁰
“Following the swift intervention of the controller-general, 114 escapees have been recaptured
“The controller-general, who personally led a team to the custodial centre for an on-the-spot assessment, directed immediate search party response team to go after the escapees.
“This was even as security has been beefed up through the deployment of additional armed squad personnel to fortify the facility, ” he said.
He quoted the controller-general as commending the collaboration and support extended to the service by sister security agencies including the vigilante groups which assisted in recapturing the fleeing inmates.
He advised the escapees to turn in themselves within the next 24 hours or risk prosecution if arrested.
He noted that it would be of no use for them to keep hiding since their photographs and biometrics have been captured.
He assured the public of their safety, stating that no effort would be spared in smoking out fugitives from hiding.(NAN)
- Election: Close down institutions, allow students vote– Reps to FG
- ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
- Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure
- Ex-JAMB registrar opened fictitious accounts to conceal his identity– Witness
- No attempt to create conflict between Tinubu, Buhari will succeed – APC
- Lubcon bags West Africa’s best lubricant of year
- NYSC gets 8 new directors, promotes 1,123 others
- Senate confirms ex-I-G Arase as Chairman, Police Service Commission
- Bank customers decry scarcity of new Naira notes at ATMs, POS
- Senate suspends plenary till Feb. 28