In the early hours of today, a group of drivers blocked the Kaduna-Abuja Road to protest the killing of their colleague by a policeman. The loss of life is deeply regretted. The Kaduna State Government commiserates with the family of the deceased driver and has directedthat the police will thoroughly investigate the incident.
However, grief and a sense of loss do not justify imposing such pains on other citizens as the protesting drivers have done by blocking a very busy public highway. They have left many people stranded for several hours and caused considerable distress.
The Kaduna State Government apologises to road users for the inconveniences caused by the hours-long blockade.
The road has since been opened and the protesting drivers cleared. However, the standstill created by the blockage has resulted in a gridlock that will take hours to clear. The queue of stranded vehicles stretches forseveral kilometres.
Therefore, the state government appeals to all persons traveling on the Kaduna-Abuja highway to patiently cooperate with efforts to clear the gridlock.
Commissioner, Internal Security and Home Affairs
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum