The Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service (KADIRS), says the state government has concluded plans to shut down illegal motor parks across the state, as part of efforts to improve Internally Generated Revenue (IGR).
The Executive Chairman of the service, Dr Zaid Abubakar made this known in an interview with newsmen in Kaduna on Saturday.
Abubakar noted with dismay the proliferation of illegal motor parks across the state, adding that the responsible agencies in charge of parks and transportation would begin clamp down the parks by next week.
“All illegal motor parks are going to be closed by the responsible agencies by next week, and revenues from the parks will increase because there will be centralisation of collection.
“At the moment; we are not getting the revenues we are supposed to get from the parks because they are operating illegally.
“The closure will, therefore, improve our collection efficiency,” he said.
According to him, the revenue agency will fully implement the state tax law to ensure that all businesses operating in the state pay the needed taxes to the state government.
Abubakar advised taxpayers on voluntary compliance to their tax obligation to enable the government improve on security, provision of basic social services as well as execute viable development projects to improve the wellbeing of the people.
“KADIRS will enforce compliance with the provisions of the law and strengthen revenue collection mechanisms in the state.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation