Unknown gunmen have killed no fewer than 50 villagers, including infants, in three Local Government Areas of Kaduna State.
The LGAs – Giwa, Birnin Gwari, and Igabi – are all in the northern axis of the state.
The bandits reportedly attacked six villages of Kerawa, Rago, Marina, Zariyawa, Hashimawa, Gidan Musa Saidu, and Unguwar Barau – within the three LGAs.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige, confirmed the incident on the Hausa Service of the Voice of America monitored on Monday.
However, the police spokesman told our correspondent on the telephone that operatives led by the state Commissioner of Police, Umaru Muri, were on their way to the affected communities.
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter