Chief Whip of the Senate and former Abia State governor, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu has been announced as the Director General of the Ahmad Lawan Central Campaign Organisation.
Lawan, who is also the Senate President and chairman of National Assembly is one of the All Progressives Congress, APC presidential aspirants for the 2023 general elections.
Similarly, chairmen of eight committees of the campaign organisation were equally announced at a meeting held on Thursday in Abuja.
The team, according to a statement by the organization, met behind closed doors to fine tune strategies and consolidate on the gains made so far .
It explained that the team is expected to strengthen the campaign organization and build a stronger cohesion that would deliver APC ticket to the Senate President during the presidential primaries, and ultimately lead him to victory in the general elections.
The statement listed the committees and Thier leaders as Finance and Budget with Auwal Lawan and Senator Sani Musa as chairman and co-chairman, respectively; Strategy and Planning with Senator Ikechukwu Obiora as chairman and Senator Betty Apiafi as his deputy.
Others are Contact and Mobilization Committee which has Senator Barau Jibrin as chairman and Senator Peter Nwaoboshi as his deputy; Media and Publicity withSenator Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi as chairman and Chief Femi Fani Kayode as deputy.
Security and Intelligence Committee has
Mallam Lawal Daura as chairman and Commodore Mohammed Barau (rtrd) as deputy while the Transport and Logistics has Senator Bello Mandiya as the chairman and Hon. Hillary Bisong as deputy.
The rest are the Youth Groups to be chaired by Prince Mustapha Audu and the Women Groups which has Hon. Aisha Ismail as the chairperson.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community