(Middle) The Chariman/CEO, KAM Industries Nigeria Limited, Alhaji (Dr.) Kamorudeen Yusuf in a group Photograph with members of the American Chemical Society Local Organizing Committee during their courtesy visit to him on Saturday.
The American Chemical Society, (ACS), Nigeria International Chemical Sciences Chapter will on Tuesday 21st March 2017 confer the honour of “ACS 2017 Awardee” on the Chairman of KAM Industries Nigeria Limited, Alhaji (Dr.) Kamorudeen Ibitoye Yusuf, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
ACS, Nigeria Chapter’s President, Professor Joshua Ayoola Obaleye disclosed this on Saturday when he led team of the Local Oraganizing Committee for the 2017 ACS Symposium on a courtesy visit to KAM Industries along Asa Dam road, Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.
Obaleye who is also a former Dean of the Faculty of Science at the University of Ilorin noted the event will be held at the University of Ilorin Auditorium where the Awardee is also expected to deliver a Keynote Address on the need to enhance synergy between Industrialists and the Gown for the growth of Chemical Practices.
(L-R) The President of the American Chemical Society, Nigeria Chapter, Professor J.A. Obaleye and other members of the team.
“KAM Industries Nigeria Limited is not only a pride to Kwara State, Nigeria and Africa continent alone, it is indeed a pride to the entire world at large and most importantly, Alhaji Yusuf deserves to be honoured for his numerous contributions to the world of Chemistry in particular and Sciences at large”, he added.
In his reactions, the Chairman of KAM Industries Nigeria Limited, Alhaji Kamorudeen Yusuf, urged government at all levels to encourage the study of science related courses in institutions of higher learning.
He noted that, this, among other factors will ensure self reliance among youths after graduation stressing that many things needed to be done to fast-track the desired economic recovery of the nation.
Yusuf however commended the group for finding time to visit the establishment adding the visit will also equip the team about the processes involved in industrialization even as he thanked them for nominating him for the award.
It would be recalled that during the last convocation ceremonies of the Kwara State Polytechnics Ilorin, Alhaji Kamorudeen Yusuf was among personalities honoured with the Fellowship of the institution.
- ROYAL NEWS Online Newspaper clocks 10 from scratch to stardom
- NSCDC arrest 7 suspects over alleged energy theft/meter tampering in Kwara
- SAD….34-year-old Sodiq Adebisi dies during football training
- 150 Days in Office: CDS, Gen. CG Musa: A Pragmatic silent achiever
- Ibadan-based herbalist, Ojuwoni Atakoro, one other remanded in Ilorin prison
- Proper use of national budget, critical to economic dev —Akpabio
- EFCC, DSS, NCoS bosses To Face Reps C’ttee Over Failed Attempt To Rearrest Emefiele
- Senator Hussaini sympathises with Kaduna people over misdirected bombing
- Senator Natasha seeks NCDMB, NAFDAC partnership on alternative medicine
- Senate gives NPA 48hrs ultimatum to produce unaccounted $1.8bn