The Chairman of Manufacturers Association of Nigeria, (MAN), Kwara/Kogi chapter, Dr. Kamorudeen Ibitoye Yusuf, has called on the federal government to curb the proliferation of substandard goods across the nation by cheackmating the activities of the Standard Organisation of Nigeria,(SON) adequately.
The chairman who is also the President/Cheif Executive Officer of KAM Holdings Group Limited on Wednesday during the association’s visit to President Muhammadu Buhari at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja.
Speaking in an interview with State House correspondents, the industrialists who is also a Fellow of the Chemical Society of Nigeria dsiclosed that such effort will also assist in ensuring adequate security of lives and property of Nigerians by preventing illegal importation of firearms and other illicit items by unknown dealers who hide under the guise of importation of raw materials.
He however stressed that the ongoing KAM Integrated Steel located at Jimba-Oja, Kwara State when completed would activate Federal Government’s backward integration policy in Steel Industry.
According to him, “It will no doubt enhance Foreign exchange savings of about USD200million annually thereby contributing immensely to the nation’s economy.
“Small and Medium Enterprise Scheme, (SMEs) would gain more attention because about there is going to be empowerment platform for more than 500 distributors and stockists as part of efforts towards boosting the economy.”
As Nigerian youths faces the problem of unemployment, Dr. Kamorudeen Yusuf noted that the project when completed will generate jobs for not less than 1000 Nigerians and also promote African Regional Trade by enhancing exports of Steel products to earn foreign exchange.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi