The Kano State House of Assembly on Monday ordered the suspension of the Chairman of Danbatta Local Government Area, Alhaji Idris Haruna-Zago, for allegedly revealing the state government’s classified information.
The suspension order followed a motion of urgent public importance presented before the assembly by an All Progressives Congress (APC) member representing Nasarawa Constituency, Alhaji Ibrahim Gama.
Gama said that the Chairman had revealed government’s classified information and thereby breached his oath of office.
According to him, Haruna-Zago also failed to inaugurate the Supervisory Councillors and the Council’s Secretary.
Gama, who stressed the need to suspend the council’s chairman, added that he violated the 2006 Local Government law in the state.
Following series of deliberation, the legislators unanimously adopted the motion and ordered the immediate suspension of the chairman for six months, pending the Assembly’s investigation.
The Assembly had directed the House’s Standing Committee on Local Government and Chieftaincy affairs to investigate the allegations and present its reports within two months.
The lawmakers also directed the vice chairman of the local government, Alhaji Musa Sani, to take over the affairs of the council, pending the outcome of the investigation.
The Assembly further instructed all elected chairmen in the state, who were yet to swear in their supervisory councillors and secretaries to do so within 24 hours.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign