The Kano State Fire Service on Friday said it had saved 74 lives from fire incidents in different parts of the state within the last two weeks.
Alhaji Saidu Muhammed, the Public Relations Officer of the Service, said this in a statement in Kano.
Muhammed said eight lives were lost during the period.
According to him, the service received 15 fire calls, 11 false alarms and 51 rescue calls in the past two weeks.
“The calls emanated from victims and witnesses of collapsed buildings, road crashes and fire disasters,’’ he said.
Muhammed advised residents to be cautious when using electrical appliances.
He warned them against storing petrol and other inflammable substances in shops and homes.
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra