The Commissioner of Works Alhaji Idris Garba Unguwar Rimi disclosed this during an exclusive interview with Radio Nigeria in Kano.
He said since the inception of the present administration in Kano efforts have been put in place which resulted to changing the architecture of the metropolitan local government areas into a mega city, which would compete with any modern city in the world.
He said the Governor Umar Ganduje-leddministration had constructed a modern over head brigde ,the first of it’s kind in the Country at Dangi Round about which has ease the traffic congestion.
Unguwar Rimi noted that currently another modern bridge is under Construction at Hotoro which is expected to be completed in the next 18 Months ,Stressing that Kano being the Center of Commerce in the Sub Saharan Africa was receiving huge Number of visitors who frequent the State for Commercial purposes.
The commissioner further maintained that in an effort to boost inter local government and state transportation and businesses the administration of Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje is currently reconstructing a road which will link nine local government areas of the state,at the sum of N6billion.
He said the benefitting local governments includes Ungogo, Kumbotso, Tofa, Rimin gado, Karaye Kabo,and Rogo.
He said: “This road comprises construction of nine bridges, and all of the have been constructed ,and the work has now reached 70 percent,and over four milion people would benefit from this road.
“The sum of N3billon has been budgeted for the construction of modern roads at the five emirates of the state.
He therefore urged the people of the state to redouble their efforts in supporting government polices geared towards achieving the set objectives.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution