The Asset Management Corp-oration of Nigeria, AMCON, has called on Nigerians to disregard any claim on Hardley Apartments Hotel by former Super Eagles captain, Nwankwo Kanu, as the case has not been decided by the law court.
This came after Kanu alerted the world on the refusal of AMCON to respect court orders by refusing to release his hotel located on Victoria Island, Lagos, which was hitherto put under temporary possession of AMCON.
The property was reportedly seized on account of purported indebtedness which remains unproved since November 2015 till date.
But reacting on Monday, AMCON said: “Our attention has been drawn to some inaccurate stories that are sponsored on some online publications regarding the huge debt of the promoter of Hardley Apartments, Mr. Nwankwo Kanu, former captain of the Super Eagles of Nigeria.
“AMCON is not in the habit of joining issues with obligors on the pages of newspapers especially when the matter is in court as in this one. However, as a law abiding recovery agency of the Federal Government, we are at all times guided and operate within the confines of the law and will continue to act accordingly.
“The general public is hereby informed that these stories are brazen falsehood meant to mislead the public on the true position of the Kanu’s massive indebtedness to the corporation.
We also want to put on record that having exhausted all avenues of peaceful resolution as a result of the huge debt, AMCON in 2015 obtained an order from the Federal High Court, which gave the Corporation permission to take possession of Hardley Apartments located at No. 46 Waziri Ibrahim Crescent, Off Elsie Femi – Pearse Crescent, Off Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.”
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78