The Treasurer, All Progressives Congress (APC), Katsina State, Nasiru Usman has dumped the party for the Peoples Democratic Party PDP alleging maltreatment and injustice therein.
Usman who decamped alongside other 4,000 APC members in Kankia Local Government Area said the APC had neglected them.
According to him, the party has been hijacked by few executives delegating many to the background.
”I remained suspended for 14 months after which I petitioned to the APC Northwest where it directed for the withdrawal of the suspension, but the state headquarters refused to comply”, he added.
Also speaking, the party’s 2015 gubernatorial candidate, Musa Nashuni, said that PDP as a party has learnt a lot since the last general election and will build on that to bounce back.
On his part,the state PDP chairman, Salisu Majigiri assured the new entrants of equal opportunities within the party noting that ‘we are committed towards reclaiming our lost mandate’.
All efforts to reach the APC chairman, Shittu Shittu for response proved abortive.
Facebook Comments Box
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities