The leadership of Katsina State House of Assembly has announced the death of one of its members, Abdurrazaq Tsiga.
Tsiga was a lawmaker representing Bakori constituency at the state assembly.
He was the House Deputy Leader and Chairman, House Committee on Business, Ethics and Privileges.
Sources said Tsiga died in the late hours of Sunday at the General Hospital, Malumfashi after a protracted illness.
It was learnt that Tsiga fell ill shortly after the inauguration of the sixth Katsina Assembly in June 2019.
The Speaker of the Assembly, Mallam Tasiu Zanngo led other house members to the burial of the lawmaker on Monday in Tsiga town.
The spokesman for the House of Assembly, Mallam Nasiru Zanngo, confirmed the development.
The late Tsiga was serving a second term. He was Deputy House Leader and the Chairman House Committee on Business, Ethics, and Privileges.
Tsiga retired as director of education in local government Service in the state before venturing to politics.
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year
- Gov. Sule approves N1.5bn for upgrading Nasarawa Broadcasting Service– Commissioner
- Why we are detaining D’Banj – ICPC
- Adeleke denies withdrawing N5bn from Osun accounts
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit