As the global actors in the health sector continue to battle the war of coronavirus, Katsina State has recorded its first suspected case of Coronavirus.
The suspected case is a resident of Dutsinma Local Government Area working with the Federal University Dutsin-ma that returned from Malaysia recently after which he developed symptoms of the infection.
According to the Permanent Secretary at the Katsina State Ministry of Health, Dr. Kabir Mustafa, he stated that the patient is under self-isolation.
The state Official said samples have been taken and the test result is expected tomorrow.
Dr. Kabir said the ministry was taking precautionary measures and workingclosely with the National Centre for Disease control to bring the check further spread if the suspected infection.
He advised residents of Dutsinma town to look out for symptoms of cold or flu in their neighborhood and promptly report suspected cases to the nearest medical facility.
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded