The Kebbi Government on Wednesday dissolved the 21 local government councils’ chairmen following the expiration of their tenure on July 24.
Alhaji Abubakar Dakingari, the Chief Press Secretary to Gov. Atiku Bagudu, made this known in a statement in Birnin Kebbi.
“The Kebbi State Government has directed all chairmen of local government councils to hand over the affairs of the local governments to the Secretary of Local Government of their area,” Dakingari said.
He said the action followed the expiration of the tenure of local government chairmen and councillors on July 24.
“An official circular from the Permanent Secretary, Ministry for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Alhaji Muhammad Umar, indicated that the chairmen and councillors were elected for two- year tenure.
”They were also sworn into office on the 24th of July, 2017,” he said.
Dakingari said the state government appreciated the outgoing chairmen and councillors for their selfless contribution to the development of the grassroots.
“The governor wished the outgoing chairmen and councillor Allah’s guidance in their future endeavour,” Dakingari said.
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate