The Kebbi Government on Wednesday dissolved the 21 local government councils’ chairmen following the expiration of their tenure on July 24.
Alhaji Abubakar Dakingari, the Chief Press Secretary to Gov. Atiku Bagudu, made this known in a statement in Birnin Kebbi.
“The Kebbi State Government has directed all chairmen of local government councils to hand over the affairs of the local governments to the Secretary of Local Government of their area,” Dakingari said.
He said the action followed the expiration of the tenure of local government chairmen and councillors on July 24.
“An official circular from the Permanent Secretary, Ministry for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Alhaji Muhammad Umar, indicated that the chairmen and councillors were elected for two- year tenure.
”They were also sworn into office on the 24th of July, 2017,” he said.
Dakingari said the state government appreciated the outgoing chairmen and councillors for their selfless contribution to the development of the grassroots.
“The governor wished the outgoing chairmen and councillor Allah’s guidance in their future endeavour,” Dakingari said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal