A lecturer in the Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry at the Kebbi State University of Science & Technology Aliero, Dr. Misitura Lawal-Arowona, is set to be honoured with the Fellowship of Institute of Corporate Administration, (FCAI)
The distinguished award was in recognition of the varsity Don’s Professional Contributions to educational administration by the governing council of the institute.
According to a nomination letter signed by the Director/Chief Learning Officer, Dr. Godswill Onyekewere, “The award nomination is in recognition and appreciation of Dr. Misitura Lawal-Arowona’s dedication and commitment beyond the call to duty, intellectual prowess, upwardly mobile and visionary approach to administrative matters, human resources development contributions and public spiritedness.
The offer according to the Council of the Institute, qualifies Dr. Lawal-Arowona as a senior member of the Institute and entitles her to append the designatory letters FCAI after her name.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Dr. Misitura Lawal-Arowona made headlines a few years ago for discovering novel anti-tuberculosis medications to combat metal drug complex resistant for tuberculosis.
A breakthrough which she achieved while on a fellowship at the Faculty of Science of Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda in India. At the time, she was pursuing her PhD with the University of Ilorin.
The multiple award winning researcher and chemist is also the founder of a non-governmental organization, Foundation for Advocacy and Sensitization on Tuberculosis, (FAST).
Dr. Lawal-Arowona bagged from the University of Ilorin Bachelor of Science Degree (B.Sc Chemistry), Master of Science Degree, (M.Sc Chemistry) and Doctor of Philosophy, (PhD Chemistry) respectively.
- Civil Defense Receives Bags Of Rice As Palliative In Kwara
- Customs CG begins sales of seized food items in Lagos
- Why FG Created Ministry of Marine & Blue Economy– Perm Sec.
- Death of Dep. DOP Nathaniel shocking, sad—Kwara Gov
- Correpondents’ Chapel Commiserates with Kwara Governor, NUJ Over Demise Of Dep. DOP
- NPF Forge Ties With NITDA On Digital Literacy
- NAMA Strengthens Partnership with Nigerian Air Force For Airspace Safety
- KWSG Donates Mattresses to NYSC Camp
- DISCLAIMER: MISSING PERSON NOT KWASU STUDENT
- Senators reject service extension for NASS clerk, others