The trial of billionaire kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, aka Evans has commenced at the Lagos High Court in Ikeja, Lagos State.
ROYAL NEWS learnt that Evans was brought to court alongside five others this morning in handcuffs.
Information obtained by ChannelsTv says the suspected kidnap kingpin pleaded not guilty to the two-count charge of conspiracy and Kidnapping of one Dunu Donatus.
The offence allegedly committed in February 2017.
However, Evans had earlier pleaded guilty to the two-count charge on August 30, 2017 when he appeared before the court of law.
The amended charges have been read to all six defendants and they all pleaded not guilty after the court reconvened at 11:am.
It was gathered that the prosecuting counsel indicated readiness to proceed with the trial and they have three witnesses in court to testify.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC