A retired permanent secretary, Dr. Zubair Erubu, who was kidnapped barely one week ago has regained his freedom.
It was gathered that after three days in captivity, the abductors contacted his family, requesting N60m ransom.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Kwara State Police Command stated this in a statement issued at the weekend.
Dr. Erubu was kidnapped on December 9, 2021 along Ilorin-Afon road in Asa local government area of the state.
The spokesman of the police in the state, Okasanmi Ajayi, in a statement said they had secured the release eight days after he was kidnapped.
Okasanmi said:” The victim of the recent kidnap incident that took place on the 9/12/2021 at Afon area of Ilorin, Dr Folorunso Zubair Erubu has been released this morning, after days of thorough search and rescue operation directed by the commissioner of police, CP Tuesday Assayomo.
“The release was made possible with the cooperation of the victim’s family members, the community and other security stakeholders, vigilante and hunters.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory