A retired permanent secretary, Dr. Zubair Erubu, who was kidnapped barely one week ago has regained his freedom.
It was gathered that after three days in captivity, the abductors contacted his family, requesting N60m ransom.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Kwara State Police Command stated this in a statement issued at the weekend.
Dr. Erubu was kidnapped on December 9, 2021 along Ilorin-Afon road in Asa local government area of the state.
The spokesman of the police in the state, Okasanmi Ajayi, in a statement said they had secured the release eight days after he was kidnapped.
Okasanmi said:” The victim of the recent kidnap incident that took place on the 9/12/2021 at Afon area of Ilorin, Dr Folorunso Zubair Erubu has been released this morning, after days of thorough search and rescue operation directed by the commissioner of police, CP Tuesday Assayomo.
“The release was made possible with the cooperation of the victim’s family members, the community and other security stakeholders, vigilante and hunters.”
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline
- Buhari rejoices with 90yr-old female Professor, Bolanle Awe
- Ukraine President Zelensky appoints Oby Ezekwesili as ambassador
- Breaking: Buhari wades into Naira new notes scarcity