The school teacher and students who were abducted by gunmen at Damba-Kasaya in Chikun LGA of Kaduna State have regained their freedom.
The teacher identified as Christian Madugu and her students, Happy Waziri, Ezra Bako, Miracle Danjuma and Favour Danjuma (all teenagers) were abducted at Prince Academy School located in the village.
Daily Trust reported that they were released around 8pm on Saturday October 10, after an undisclosed amount of money was paid as ransom to their abductors.
Confirming their release, a youth leader in the area Akila Luka Barde said;
“Money was paid to get them released but I can’t tell you the amount.”
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000