Kidnappers of nine persons, including a 12-year-old boy at Pegi community, a resettlement area in Kuje Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, have requested for N10 million ransom.
The victims were kidnapped last night around 8:00pm by gunmen who dressed in military camouflage.
The gunmen shot at two vehicles, including one NISSAN Frontier and Toyota Solara. The bullets deflated the tyres and created deep holes on the vehicles. One of the victims was said to be in critical condition.
A victim who was released on health ground said the attackers could not be less than 20.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends