By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna
The worse is yet to be heard about the agonies some families of victims of terrorists are going through in an efforts to secure the release of relatives in custody of the bandits in Kaduna state.
The case of two yam market women abducted while in yam market in Kaduna- Niger states boundary market is given the immediate communities sleepless night.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the terrorists, in viral video, alleged that government knows their problems and that money is not their problem.
Indeed, the stories are touching and catching.
The duo were recently kidnapped along with other women in a month ago and abandoned in the captivity because of lack of money to pay ransom that had already been agreed between the families and bandits.
However, recent reports from the families revealed that the messengers who delivered the ransom money and other things demanded by the terrorists were also grabbed by the terrorists and refused to released the kidnapped victims.
Narrating the ugly incident to our correspondent, family sources who spoke in confidence said, even the ransom money, were contributed by members of the victims immediate communities based on appeal and sympathy.
According to the families in Ungwan Boro and Ungwan Pama in Sabon Tasha, Chikun LG area of Kaduna state, the ransom monies were taken to the bandits over a week, but neither the victims nor the messengers were seen.
Even the contacts of the bandits are not going since that time, suspecting that they may have also been kidnapped the two messengers.
The families are restless and still lamenting and mourning endlessly on what must have gone wrong since the agreed ransoms have paid.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Ndudi Elumelu wins PDP Reps ticket for 5th term
- FG imposes new tax on phone-calls to fund healthcare
- Abia Speaker wins PDP’s ticket for House of Reps
- Ali Isa emerges as PDP’s Balanga/Billiri Federal Constituency, Gombe, candidate
- Breaking…..Wahab Issa, Mohammed Ajia declared winner of PDP Reps primaries
- Lagos PDP calls for cancellation of primaries
- Commission begins screening of intending Christian pilgrims
- Ortom expresses satisfaction with work on roads, other projects
- 2023 Presidency: Lawan begs Kano to swing in his favour
- I’ll reform education sector if elected president —Lawan