The Director General on Media and Publicity to the Kogi State Governor, Kingsley Fanwo, has disclosed that the state government does not have hand in the Senator Dino Melaye recall process.
Fanwo, who spoke on behalf of the state government said it was “untrue” that the State Government was behind the travails of the embattled Senator.
He said: “Claims by the Senator on his twitter handle to the effect that officials of government attended the proceedings were false and misleading.
“We saw the tweet by the Senator that the Attorney General of the State was at the Federal High Court today where the court gave a legal nod to the process of his recall.
“To set the record straight, neither the Attorney General nor any state official was at the said court today. We are not a party to the suit which was between the Senator and INEC. We urge the Senator to face realities in his battle with the people of his constituency.”
The Governor’s aide further stressed that, “We consider such falsehood unnecessary as we have no interest in the issues that were determined. The Attorney General is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, a sound legal luminary who is never known for defending fraud and corruption; a man who is highly respected in legal circles.
“The Attorney General of the State was busy attending meetings both in his office and Government House today. He was busy with official duties.
“We urge our law enforcement agencies to ensure that those jubilating over the outcome of the legal battle do so within the ambit of the law without jeopardizing the public peace.”
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year
- Gov. Sule approves N1.5bn for upgrading Nasarawa Broadcasting Service– Commissioner
- Why we are detaining D’Banj – ICPC