Kogi: Smart Adeyemi loses APC guber ticket to Ahmed Ododo
Senator Smart Adeyemi has lost in his bid to become the governorship candidate under the platform of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) in Kogi State.
ROYAL NEWS reports that while Adeyemi polled 311 votes, the winner, Alhaji Ahmed Ododo scored 78, 704 votes to beat six other contestants, according to Patrick Obahiagha, Secretary of the Kogi APC Primary Election Committee.
Obahiagha who announced the result of the governorship primary on Friday in Lokoja, said Salami Momodu got 1, 506 votes, Abubakar Yahaya-Ashemogu, 1, 159, and Shaaibu Abubakar-Audu, 763 votes.
He added that Stephen Ocheni garnered 552 votes and Sanusi Ohiere, 424.
Obahiagha said that out of the 93, 729 voters, 83, 419 who were accredited, voted for candidates of their choice.
“Ododo, having scored the majority of the lawful votes cast at the direct primary election conducted on April 14, 2023, in Kogi, is hereby declared the winner of the APC primary election 2023.
“Ahmed Usman-Ododo is hereby returned as the duly elected governorship candidate of APC for the November 2023 governorship election,” he said.
Obahiagha congratulated party leaders and members for the peaceful primary election.
The committee secretary also thanked Gov. Yahaya Bello, for making the democratic process possible.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari