Prospective graduating students in the Department of Mass Communication, Kogi State University, Anyigba, have continue to lament over the non-release of their final year results for the 2016/17 academic session, ROYAL NEWS has learnt.
It was confirmed that the situation was as a result of the alleged non-payment of entitlements of two lecturers who are identified as Professor Ezekiel Asemah and Dr. Ukonu, a visiting lecturer from a university in the south-east who have vowed not to release the results in their custody until they are duly paid.
However, it was gathered that the duo of Asemah and Ukonu have finally found their ways out of Kogi State University thereby leaving the students behind in sorrow. Checks further revealed that Professor Asemah now works with the Delta State University while the affected students have resolved to contributing money to offset the lecturers’ acclaimed entitlements.
Also, some of the students who spoke with this medium appealed to the Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, as well as the Kogi State House of Assembly to intervene in the matter in order to ensure that their interests are well protected by directing the University management to probe the ugly situation.
“We have been at home for more than one year now without any hope or assurance that our results or status would be known. Other colleagues in other Universities across the country are currently undertaking the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme while many other are already on waiting lists. We have been in the dark for too long a time and we can no longer bear the dastard situation. Although, we have all resolved to contributing N 3, 000 each to offset the debt on behalf of the university authority” , a student lamented
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign