This is contained in statement by NSCDC Spokesman, Deputy Commandant of Corps, Olusola Odumosu, on Thursday in Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that late Abraham was killed on July 5, at Kuje Medium Custodial Center when bandits invaded the facility.
Odumosu said that NSCDC Commandant General (CG), Ahmed Audi presented a cheque of N2.5 million and cash worth N300,000 to the slain personnel’s wife and daughter.
In addition to the presented sum, Audi assured late Abraham’s daughter, Abimiku Abraham of employment into the Corps during the next recruitment exercise as a way of assisting the family.
He consoled with the family over the loss of their bread winner, saying that the deceased would abe remembered as a hero who died in active serve.
“ The money given to the family is in fulfillment of my promise to ensure that necessary compensation is given to the family in due time.
“ It is also an intervention from the Federal Government and the Corps to assist the deceased family and to cater for some burial expenses,” Audi said.
The CG called on officers, heads of zonal and state commands to work with sister agencies in developing new strategies to tackle Nigeria’s security challenges.
He advised citizens to continue to provide security agencies with useful and timely information to nip criminal activities in the bud.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus