The Kwara State Public Procurement Agency (KW-PPA) is set to initiate a Prior Review Method of project proposals as against the Post Review Method initially used by the Agency.
This is in accordance with the Kwara State Public Procurement Agency (KW-PPA) Law 2018, Sub-section 1g, according to a statement issued by KW-PPA spokesman, Adejoke Adekunle on Thursday.
The Public Procurement boss, Quantity Surveyor Raheem Abdulbaki in a meeting with the staff of the Agency disclosed that the new method may not seem palatable to MDAs who are already used to the old method but regardless, this review will be the determinant of the execution of any project to be embarked upon by the state government; in the best interest of the state.
“Proposals would now have to be brought first to the Agency for thorough scrutiny before it proceeds to the table of the Executive Governor for final approval and not the other way round.
“Henceforth, both KW-PPA and the executing MDA would be jointly involved in project evaluations, as no stone would be left unturned,” Abdulbaki said.
The Prior Review Method is aimed at ensuring that the guidelines and procedures are strictly followed in order to save time, manage resources and also fast track project delivery.
He encouraged the procurement unit staff to be on their toes and as well work diligently and carefully to avoid any issue of negligence on their part that may deface or embarrass the agency.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders