KWARA: 48 LGs chairmanship aspirants set for APC primaries
By Arowona Abdulazeez
No fewer than 48 chairmanship aspirants are seeking the endorsement of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to fly its flag in the forthcoming local government councils election in Kwara State
Alhaji Suleiman Buhari, APC Publicity Secretary in the state, confirmed to ROYAL NEWS on Friday in Ilorin that the 48 aspirants would contest in the parties primaries on Saturday.
Read also: 30 feared dead in Lagos -Ibadan auto crash
According to him, three aspirants will contest to emerge as APC chairmanship candidate in each of the 16 Local Government areas of the state
The APC spokesperson said similar primaries would be conducted for Councillors position in all the 193 wards in the state.
He dismissed as false, claims that the APC had “anointed” candidates, adding, “whoever emerges as the party’s candidate for chairmanship and Councillor positions at the end of Saturday’s primaries will be an act of God
The spokesperson advised members of the party to abide by the rules and regulations governing the conduct of the primaries, to ensure success.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Profile of Rev. Fd. Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect
- Ramadan: CAN calls for prayers for peace in Nigeria
- (PHOTOS)EFCC arrests 28 suspected Yahoo Yahoo boys in Kwara
- Aggrieved parties file 25 petitions before Lagos election tribunal
- Referee suspended for using fan’s phone to review a goal
- Ramadan: Buhari sends best wishes to Muslim faithful
- NLC declares nationwide strike from Wednesday next week
- President-Elect Tinubu jets out to Europe
- JUST IN…..Emir of Ilorin confirms commencement of Ramadan fasting tomorrow
- I didn’t interfere, polls reflected Nigerians’ choices – Buhari