The All Progressives Congress( APC) in Kwara state has asked its members not to panic over Tuesday’s Appeal Court’s judgment on the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki’ s trial by the Code of Conduct Tribunal( CCT).
In its reaction to the appellate court’s judgment, the party in a statement signed by its state publicity secretary, Sulyman Buhari urged all members of the party and supporters of the Senate President “to go about their daily activities and routines without worries and anxieties as there is no cause for alarm.”
The appellate court had dismissed 15 out of the 18 counts of false assets declaration instituted against Saraki but asked him to return to CCT for a retrospect on the remaining three- count chargee.
The party said the Senate President will be vindicated at the end of the legal journey.
It added: “We welcome that judgement of the Appeal Court which dismissed 15 out of the 18 counts of false assets declaration instituted against the Senate President.
“Though, we do not agree with the section of the judgement which ordered the retrial of the Senate President on three of the counts at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
However, the party is convinced that the three charges, which the appellate court sustained, will not survive legal scrutiny at the Supreme Court. Soon, the charges will fall like pack of cards at the Supreme Court.
“It bears repeating that our belief remains unshaken. We strongly believe the Senate President will emerge victorious at the end of the legal journey.
“Finally, we urge all members of our party and supporters of the Senate President to go about their daily activities and routines without worries and anxieties as there is no cause for alarm.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES