The Kwara State Ministries of Education, Youth and Sports, Teaching Service Commission and the State Universal Basic Education Board, to work together and provide a blue print for resuscitating Sports development in Schools across the State.
This is the resolution of the Kwara State House of Assembly, while considering a Matter of General Public Importance on ” Resuscitating Sporting Activities in Schools in the State”, raised by the House Leader, Hon. Hassan Oyeleke.
The Deputy Speaker, Elder Mathew Okedare who presided over the Wednesday’s sitting described sports as a unifying force, which should be financed by government, corporate organizations and affluent individual, in view of its numerous benefits.
Hon. Oyeleke who is also representing Essay/ Shawo/ Igbodun Constituency had while raising the Matter of General Public Importance emphasised the significance of Sports to healthy living and said all human abilities should be developed at tender age.
He therefore advocated that sporting activities be enshrined in the schools’ time table, resuscitation of inter schools sports competition, to restore the glory of yester years which discovered hidden talents that later did the nation proud.
However, members representing Owode/ Onire and Oke Ogun Constituencies Hon Abdul Rasheed Taiwo Abdullahi and Barrister Kamaldeen Fagbemi respectively noted that sports had been embedded into school curriculum,but cautioned that the Sports should no longer be used as punitive measure for students in order not to discourage them from active participation.
Also at the sitting, Abubakar Sola Saraki University( amendment ) Bill 2017 passed through first reading, while the report of the Joint Committee on Social Development, Youth, Sports, Information, and Ethics, Privileges as well as Judiciary on the People with Disabilities Bill was laid on the table for consideration in the next legislative date
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal