The leadership of the Kwara House of Assembly has commended the Kwara State AIDS Control Agency, (KWASACA), for its intervention towards making the state HIV-free.
The chairman Committee on Health and Environment, Hon. Razaq Owolabi, representing Share/Oke-Ode Costituency, gave the commendation during his committee’s oversight function at Kosubosu Baruten Local Government Area of the State, when he met KWASACA team led by the Project Manager, Dr Seleem Alabi carrying out Border Community Sensitization in the area.
Owolabi stressed that the border sensitization, awareness creation, HIV Testing Services being carried out by KWASACA was a desirous activity that needed to be expanded to all Kwara state border communities so as to increase awareness on HIV, sensitize the people, conduct testing services to identify HIV positive individuals, and to properly link the infected individuals to appropriate health care.
He however urged Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq ’s led administration to prioritize the Agency’s programs and activities with a view to enhancing the Agency’s efforts in having an HIV- free Kwara.
Also speaking the Project Manager and Secretary of the Agency, Dr Seleem Alabi, thanked the state governor, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, for his support towards the State HIV response and implored the government to take full ownership of the fight against the spread of HIV/AIDS in the state, especially now that most donors have withdrawn from financing the fight against the epidemic in Nigeria.
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn