A former Secretary to the Kwara State Government, Alhaji Sakariyah Onimago, has been confirmed as the new Chairman of the State Civil Service Commission.
The confirmation was made by the State House of Assembly on Wednesday, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
Onimago, who was also a former Commissioner in the state was confirmed along with other nominees and members of other two statutory Commissions after a screening which lasted for over three hours.
Others confirmed by the House as members of the Civil Service Commission are: Mr Samuel Bamisaiye, Alhaji Mohammed Koro, Alhaji Issa Kayode Abdul, Dr Dele Kayode, Saidu Issa Abdullahi and Alhaji Mohammed Sanni, as members of the Kwara Independent Electoral Commission (KWASElC)
The House also confirmed Mr Lukman Owolewa, as Chairman of the State Fiscal Responsibility Commission, with Mr Mohammed Sulyman Atolagbe, Alhaji Danjuma Sabi and Alhaji Babatunde Abdul Raheem, as members.
The House however stood down the screening of Barrister Taiye Eleja as the Chairman of the Kwara Independent Electoral Commission (KWASElC) following his absence at the screening.
The Assembly did not give a specific date for the screening of the nominee.
The Speaker, Dr Ali Ahmad, directed the Clerk of the House, Hajia Halimah Perogi to formerly inform Governor AbdulFatah Ahmed on the screening and approval of the appointment of the nominees.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal