A former Secretary to the Kwara State Government, Alhaji Sakariyah Onimago, has been confirmed as the new Chairman of the State Civil Service Commission.
The confirmation was made by the State House of Assembly on Wednesday, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
Onimago, who was also a former Commissioner in the state was confirmed along with other nominees and members of other two statutory Commissions after a screening which lasted for over three hours.
Others confirmed by the House as members of the Civil Service Commission are: Mr Samuel Bamisaiye, Alhaji Mohammed Koro, Alhaji Issa Kayode Abdul, Dr Dele Kayode, Saidu Issa Abdullahi and Alhaji Mohammed Sanni, as members of the Kwara Independent Electoral Commission (KWASElC)
The House also confirmed Mr Lukman Owolewa, as Chairman of the State Fiscal Responsibility Commission, with Mr Mohammed Sulyman Atolagbe, Alhaji Danjuma Sabi and Alhaji Babatunde Abdul Raheem, as members.
The House however stood down the screening of Barrister Taiye Eleja as the Chairman of the Kwara Independent Electoral Commission (KWASElC) following his absence at the screening.
The Assembly did not give a specific date for the screening of the nominee.
The Speaker, Dr Ali Ahmad, directed the Clerk of the House, Hajia Halimah Perogi to formerly inform Governor AbdulFatah Ahmed on the screening and approval of the appointment of the nominees.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note