The Kwara House of Assembly on Wednesday approved the request of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed to access a loan of N1billion agriculture credit facility scheme of the Central Bank of Nigeria
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the loan will be taken through an old generation bank for genuine Farmers.
The lawmakers gave the approval during plenary, having satisfied with the response on those that are to benefit from the loan facility scheme from the state Government.
The House agreed that when the loan materialised it will boost the economic ability of the state especially in food production as the country also seeks to diversify from mono-oil economy to agriculture based one.
The House expressed satisfaction on those who are to benefit from the loan scheme adding that its painful when real farmers are deprived of receiving agricultural loan rather going to political farmers who have no business in farming.
Reading the resolution of the house, the speaker Dr Ali Ahmad said the house has granted the approval to access and accept the one billion naira CBN agricultural facility scheme facilitated
He said the aim is to enhance food production in the state.
The House urged the executive to carry all the stakeholders along in the disbursement of the loan while the house shall perform its statutory duty of oversight functions to ensure transparency and accountability.
It would be recalled that the state government on the 22nd November sought the approval of the house to access One billion loan aimed at boosting agricultural activities across the state
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house